Monday, February 02, 2009

Superbowl


There are things one forgets moving across the country. In my life, the Super Bowl is an afternoon event. Something you can finish and then relax, go on and do other things. To me, this feels entirely natural and the way things are supposed to be.

Now, I'm not sure I care for the principle of the Super Bowl as an evening event, one that you're ready to curl up at the end of and wind down.

I don't care for this change, and if this hadn't been one of the best Super Bowl games I've seen, I'd be annoyed at the whole thing.

I then went ahead and watched the episode of The Office that followed. I admit, I've only watched this show a small handful of times. The original The Office is just so, so brilliant and, well, concise. This is American TV, which means even if it doesn't suck today, it will long, long before they finally put it out of its misery.

But what struck me wasn't anything in particular about the show, but that it had just been a really long time since I've watched a TV drama series on TV. Not on a TV, but like as its broadcast with commercials and all.

Now I remember why I gave it up. I may never do it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics