Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Amazon fail


I missed the first big day of Amazon fail and didn't have time to or energy to write about it the second.

Of that which I read, I appreciated both An Open Letter To Jeff Bezos by Kevin Church and Amazon calls mistake 'embarrassing and ham-fisted' by Andrea James, with some interesting comments from Mike Daisey.


Today, I find my strongly agreeing with A Last Word on Amazon by Christa Faust, author of Control Freak and Money Shot (reviewed here), "I know this will never happen, but I really wish that someday, we all might be allowed to move beyond the idea that adult Americans need to be protected from the word fuck, or books about people fucking, or the very idea that people might fuck in an unconventional manner."

2 comments:

Phantom of Pulp said...

Couldn't agree more.

Seriously, what the fuck is the big deal?

Must everything be geared towards "protecting" children when it hasn't even been established that such "protection" achieves anything.

It's the sign of a very immature culture.

It makes no sense financially, either, to kowtow to wowsers because they don't buy these books, anyway.

It's all about appeasing ignorant, repressed, braindead morons.

Talk about high aims.

Neil Sarver said...

Yeah, I wish I could help.

It's one more of those things for which I simply have no comprehension of the opposing position.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics