Sunday, April 26, 2009

G.I. Joe: Resolute



I was a little to old to get into G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. Only a little. My younger brother Ian was a huge fan, so I saw it plenty.

I always found it frustrating and annoying.

And unlike The Transformers, which I also never entirely shined to, but found Transformers: The Movie to be quite compelling, I wasn't able to get much out of G.I. Joe: The Movie, despite heaps of praise from fans.

So, I'm oddly pleased to find I enjoyed G.I. Joe: Resolute, written by Warren Ellis, to be a pretty solid ride. It's not perfect, mind you. It specifically jumps into telling a very large story and, as such, does end up having to rush through parts of it.

But none of the character's voices annoyed me to the point of tears. The ideas were interesting. There was minimal obvious exposition.

If this was (or if it is) the beginning of a full blown series, I'd keep watching.

As it goes, it's a good reminder that I keep meaning to go back and read more of the original Larry Hama comics, and I think I shall do that soon.

Anyway, here check out the first part...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics