Sunday, May 24, 2009

Come on home



In the time and place I grew up, Green River was a dirty secret. A grungy little band named after a serial killer. Those seeking loud and local lined up for Metal Church and Queensrÿche, both of whom had much more easily definable and popular styles, being clearly Heavy Metal, and neither were named for a serial killer currently on the loose in the area.

Suffice it to say, I wasn't following the crowd on this one. It would take me a bit to catch up with the bands formed from their ashes, Mudhoney, for whom the term grunge was allegedly coined, and eventually Pearl Jam.

Mudhoney's one of my favorite bands, but some part of my heart still ultimately belongs to Green River.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics