Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Comics I'm looking forward to


As previously noted, most notably in Parker: the beginnings, Parker: The Hunter by Darwyn Cooke easily tops this list.

The Man with no Name comes out this week. I've heard some good things, but I'm remaining cautious in my optimism. Look, as I said in Joe, I know that Sergio Leone made three movies with three different, but similar characters, Joe, Manco and Blondie, and United Artists made up The Man with no Name for marketing purposes. I will be picking up the trade, though.

I've read the first two issues of the new run of The Warlord being written by creator Mike Grell, and it is sweet! I'm totally psyched for Showcase Presents The Warlord, volume 1. And, as much as I enjoyed the first two issues, I expect to move back to waiting for the trade of this new series as well. Although waiting with no small amount of expectation. The first two are fantastic! Damn, I love The Warlord!

Femme Noir: Dark City Diaries. I've never been good about reading web comics, despite being a theoretical proponent of them. I need to start working on that. So, I'll be glad to get my hands on a physical copy of this title, as I've always enjoyed scoping out the art.


2 comments:

Marty McKee said...

I had Grell sign the cover of the DC FIRST ISSUE SPECIAL featuring Warlord's first appearance when I met him years ago at the Chicago Comic-Con (now Wizard World Chicago). My brother and I chatted with Grell for several minutes, and he was a very nice guy.

Neil Sarver said...

Grell is awesome. I have a copy of Green Arrow: The Wonder Year that he signed for me. He is a really nice guy. I spent a good deal of time standing near his table one year at the Emerald City Comic-Con. I mostly stood there dumbly like a total fanboy.

Part of that may be to blame my general dumbness, but really... The Warlord was my first favorite comic book. My friend Quentin and I used to pore over them before we discovered The Savage Sword of Conan, at which point we began poring over both titles.

I'd like to imagine I could be more normal were I to meet him again.

But he is all around awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics