Monday, June 01, 2009

Nah, you mean renegade

Two teenagers were having a conversation only half in my earshot, which largely involved the guy saying something disagreeing and the girl saying, "Nah, you mean renegade."

Now, I have no idea what they were really talking about but I couldn't help imagine it going, "Now, I think 'Fooling Yourself'." "Nah, you mean 'Renegade'."

"It could be 'Too Much Time on My Hands'."

"Nah, it's 'Renegade'."

"What about 'Mr. Roboto'?"

"Be serious. 'Renegade' is the best Styx song. Get over it."

This is almost undoubtedly not accurate, but I like it anyway, because I'm old and probably not hip to whatever hip young thing they were really on about.




6 comments:

Greg said...

Blue Collar Man!!!

t-h-r-e-e said...

hello!
can I be your friend?

Neil Sarver said...

Greg, actually it really is "Renegade". Four out of five doctors have shown it.

3, sure. Does this mean I have to help you move?

Sarah Knight said...

That put a smile on my face : )

-----------------
Hey there, I like your blog : )

and, well, someone tagged me with this...

I know this is a bit like a chain letter (albeit lacking the foreboding curse)

Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, & their blog link.

Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have just discovered! Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen.

http://plasticacid.blogspot.com/

Greg said...

Blue Collar Man!!!

Greg said...

Free Bird!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics