Friday, July 03, 2009

Movie conundrums


I have no idea if there's anyone whose opinion on Public Enemies is worth listening to... at least for me personally. I like Thief and Manhunter, but otherwise find Michael Mann pretty shitty... and, no, I don't mean even Heat, I mean especially goddamn Heat! Dang!

And the trailer for it couldn't have looked stupider if it was intended as parody. I can't imagine what drove people to the theater for this, aside from Johnny Depp's name... certainly not that buffoonish play at period acting in the trailer!

So, why do I even need an opinion to back me? Well, it seems to be raising a wide variety of opinions... a love it or hate it. I hate missing those. It makes me wish there was a chance...

Oh, well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics