Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kim!


I wanted to take the opportunity to wish a happy birthday to my dearest Kimberly Rae.

We met last summer. We were both living in the "ghetto", such as it is here in Austin, and riding the same CapMetro and she introduced herself and told me about her Star Trek watching habits.

She basically snatched me up, and we've not looked back. We've gone through a remarkable amount of trials in so short a time, which seems to have only brought us closer.

Now, we're living downtown in our cute little place, and things are good.

I hope to get the chance to spend a lot more birthdays with her. She brings sunshine and joy to the world. She's sharp and funny. I've never spent a moment not being glad she decided to started to talk to me on the bus that day.

6 comments:

kassy said...

That is the sweetest post!

Marty McKee said...

Good grief, where do you find cute girls who approach strange men and talk to them about STAR TREK?? I want to go to there!

K. said...

Lucky bastard.

Neil Sarver said...

Thanks everyone!

And Marty, if I knew the secret, I'd have probably found one earlier! But this has worked out quite nicely.

Bob Turnbull said...

I got "selected" as well. And she's geekier than me - "Firefly", "Merlin", "Doctor Who"...

Careful though - suddenly you'll find that it's been almost 19 years and you're, you know, happy and stuff.

Geek girls rule!

Neil Sarver said...

Thanks. I'm looking forward to that.

And, yes, they really do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics