Friday, June 04, 2010

Radio drama


I'm listening to a lot of audiobooks recently, as I perhaps suggested, currently the GraphicAudio editions of the Deathlands books, which are something in-between an audiobook and a radio drama.

There are a number of reasons, but it gives me something a warm feeling, as Lakeside producer Elayne Wylie used to never be without one of these books in her hand... I could email or message her and ask if this is still true, but then I'd risk finding out that she's finished or quit reading them, and that would strangely disappoint me.

I'm now pondering the idea of attempting to write/produce a "radio drama" of some sort. I've liked the medium since I was a kid.

I grew up listening the Power Records Planet of the Apes LP, the LP of Bartholomew and the Oobleck and Burns & Allen shows that were occasionally run on KOMO 1000, as I recall, so I have a continuing fondness for the format.

I'm not convinced there's a commercial value. Perhaps or perhaps not a value in terms of spreading my name about.

But it could be interesting and edifying for me as a dramatist...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics