Sunday, August 01, 2010

Beyond the black river


The idea of adapting Beyond the Black River, the story by Robert E. Howard, in the style of a '30s Michael Curtiz swashbuckling adventure will not go away.

I mentioned the idea in Classic style, then referenced it again in New Conan. And whenever I think I've sent it away as an amusing fantasy, it creeps back again.

Frankly, it seems a particularly difficult scale to try to work and raise funds for, and I'm not sure how doable it is.

On the other hand, I live in Texas, near enough to the Brazos River that most believe inspired the story. I have a vision.

I don't know. I think I'll do some research, perhaps just to be convinced I wouldn't be able to pull it off.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics