Friday, August 13, 2010

What time it is!



I'd always assumed I'd never have kids. Until recently it was something I'd committed to that as the life I wanted.

But in recent times that's changed. I'm not sure why. Perhaps just getting older or my priorities shifting in one way or another.

Anyway, all of this is to say that the delightful Kimberly Rae and I are expecting a child. It's probably early to announce, but I'm kind of excited... and nervous... and excited... and nervous... and excited... and nervous...

I've spent much of the last few days trying to "figure it all out", although if I know it's that I won't "figure it all out" by the time I reach my death bed. I know I'll study hard on a lot of things. I know I need to keep The Incredibly Strange Film Fiends Who Had Kids and Became Mixed-Up Horror-Dads: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, the round table led by Richard Harland Smith, bookmarked.

I know I have more to say about it, and while I've tried to keep this from being too much of a "personal blog", I have a feeling this will be a subject I doubt I'll be able to keep to myself.

But I also know I'm in it with Kim, and that means it will be a journey of love and teamwork.

2 comments:

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. said...

Congrats on the impending rugrat, Neil!

Neil Sarver said...

Thank you very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics