Saturday, December 04, 2010

Warrior's way


I really enjoyed The Warrior's Way by Sngmoo Lee. It's a lot of fun. I'm not sure I have a whole lot to say about it.

Kate Bosworth is, as always, the weak link, but that's pretty easy to pass up for pure joy of Danny Huston, who looks more like his dad every day, and Geoffrey Rush, who are so committed to their parts that it lifts the material above what it could have been.

But for me, I'm left wondering "What am I doing with my life?"

Not in a bad way, but shouldn't I have already beaten this to the punch with a dark fairy tale telling of the story of a Korean warrior with a baby travels to the old west to stay in a ghost town populated entirely by a struggling circus to get away from assassins?

Or y'know, something like that.

I'm sure my personal influences and demons would have led my take on... err... that be different from Lee's, but if I wasn't slacking, it seems like I'd have written something like this.

I need to get my shit together. I really do.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics