Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aronofsky resistant


I've got nothing against Darren Aronofsky.

I've rented Pi multiple times and never gotten around to watching it, although I've always assumed I would someday.

Requiem For a Dream came out after I went through a weird drug movie binge and just couldn't bring myself to do another. I've never really been interested in going back.

I did see The Fountain. I remember that I liked it, but I don't remember the movie itself in particular.

I assume I'll get around to The Wrestler one day, but then maybe it's in line behind Pi and I haven't gotten around to that in over a decade.

Black Swan? Yeah, it's on the list somewhere. I figure it's still ahead of Requiem For a Dream.

Would I like any of these? Maybe. Better than some of the movies I've watched instead? Most likely.

Am I trying to avoid them? Not at all.

I just don't... care... at all.

I'm not sure why.


2 comments:

Greg said...

Well, since you've come out and said it, I'll join in: I haven't seen any of them either. And like you, I don't know why. I assume, as well, that I'll watch Pi and yet, I haven't. I assume I'll probably never watch The Wrestler, but Requiem, maybe. Black Swan probably stands the best chance of me seeing it because of all the current buzz. Still, I don't really care to.

Neil Sarver said...

Thank you.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

I agree regarding the buzz on Black Swan and yet it's still not doing as much as it should to pique my interest. I suspect, like The Wrestler, the moment will pass and I'll still be waiting to get interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics