Thursday, February 03, 2011

Cruising toward your doom


Tom Cruise Eyeing At the Mountains of Madness? Seriously?

Wow! Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron actually did find a way to make me not interested in a big budget "R" rated Lovecraft adaptation. Kudos!

I could get over the fact that I swore off Tom Cruise movies a long time ago for the right project. Really, I could.

But if you held a contest to find the person least like a Lovecraft character, Tom Cruise could win without even trying.


3 comments:

Neil Sarver said...

As I said on Facebook, "[Cruise] is really, really brilliant - when he wants to be - at twisting and bending his persona to do all kinds of crazy things... which is not unimpressive. That's what a talented movie star does.

"But the fact of it is that his persona remains the polar opposite of a Lovecraft character and I really don't believe he's capable of twisting it that far.

"I'm sorry. I know I sound like Comic Book Guy saying it, but I think this is completely a deal breaker for me...

"[del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness] has been one of my most anticipated movies for what? Ten years? And now I genuinely doubt I'll bother... and I've been rushing to del Toro movies since seeing Cronos in a theater."

Tudor said...

Whu Da Fuh? Is Jeffrey Combs not available or something?

Neil Sarver said...

Good question. Not a usual second choice either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics