Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moviemaking



I've said Me moviemaker, and I stand by it.

It's taken me a long time to recover from Lakeside, or at least the events surrounding it. I'm certainly sorry my co-conspirators on that bastard stepchild for my (extensive) role in its (over-)extended post-production time. At this point, there are any number of reasons for it's continuing, from a failure of confidence, borne of that (over-)extended process and those same surrounding events.

As I said in Trailer-a-no-go, with Conan on the final stretch to be born, it's not quite time to jump on the horse again.

But I'm thankful to The Hobo with a Shotgun Trailer Contest for coming close to inspiring me.

I think the time has come to look closely at the horse and consider it.

As I suggested, I think it's time to work out some quick and dirty projects. Kim has an idea for a humorous YouTube movie or perhaps a series of them. I'm stewing on something similar... although my tendencies may make them not quite YouTube material...

It's nice to think about just grabbing on and seeing what I can do in short bursts.

And perhaps even get back enough confidence, and maybe experience, I need to finally do everything that needs to be done to get "Lakeside" finished, too.


2 comments:

Karl said...

I hear you. Short Bursts are good.

Neil Sarver said...

It seems like a good idea. At least see where it goes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics