Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seriously writing!


I read Lies Writers Tell (And Start To Believe) by Chuck Wendig today. I've read similar lists a million times. I'm certainly aware of my flaws.

And I know #2 (“It’s Okay That I Didn’t Write Today, I’ll Do It") and #3 (“I’ll Come Back To This Story After I Write This Other Story!”) are my biggest issues, my whole life over.

Frankly, if procrastination could have just led me to a realization that I shouldn't write, I'd understand it. I've tried to convince myself of it, in fact. The desire, the need to write just keeps pestering me, and it's time to put up and shut up, for a bit here.

I've got my Pandora ready. I have a new Gaunt Land II Radio that seems to be giving me the right vibe, that I'd originally called "Space and Spies Groove Radio". I had started a different Gaunt Land Radio quite a while back that was more "western" and less "groovy" but this feels more right now. I'm not sure if that's more a change in my own headspace or a change in the tone of the story, and how much influence either is having on the other.

I'm fighting off all of the #3s, from within me and without me, as it were.

I'm writing a novel. I'm doing it to get it done.

Once it is done, I might try to have someone publish it. I might decide to self-publish, despite all of the well-known reasons folks say not to. I might re-write it as a screenplay or a comic book script. I might print a copy and flush it down the toilet.

The point is to get to the end and see what I want to do from there.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics