Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ozcraft


Yesterday I tweeted Y'know what I want to see? An Ozsploitation Lovecraft movie. Stuart Gordon meets Brian Trenchard-Smith. Yog-Sothoth in the Outback.

This desire is unchanged.

The fact that, as best I know, such a movie does not exist is merely frustrating it more.

In some cases, I'd put this on the ever-expanding back-burner of things I'll get around to creating myself someday, however I could come up with the reasons I'm unqualified to do this one right all day long.

I don't want a big expensive movie. I want a down-and-dirty $100,000 out in the desert kind of movie. If it could have been made in the '70s, it should have.

I'd like someone to get right on making this happen for me.

Thank you.


4 comments:

Roderick Heath said...

Actually, there was an extremely low-budget, bordering on no-budget, Aussie-made Lovecraft adaptation that pieced together during the mid-'90s and which finally saw a fitful release in 2000. It was called Cthulhu and was made by a band of guerilla filmmakers from Canberra, if memory serves.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0826776/

Neil Sarver said...

Thank you! You are the man.

Now, I just need to find a way to hunt this down. 7.8 rating after 12 years is weirdly impressive, even if it's only from 40 votes.

Ninja Dixon said...

I like your idea Neil, and it would have been great to see a new project. This movie from 2000 looks very interesting, thanks Roderick for letting us now!

Neil Sarver said...

Thanks. I don't know how it popped into my head, but once it did, it sounded so good.

I agree about the 2000 Cthulhu. I hope I'm able to get a line of that. It looks interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics