Friday, January 25, 2013

Bill the Boy Wonder


Although I made no specific case at the time, I assume posting The case against Bob Kane, which links an incredibly well pieced together argument against Batman "creator" Bob Kane that was posted at the excellent Dial B for Blog, placed me firmly on the Bill Finger side of Bat-fandom.

Put it this way, Bob Kane was a liar, a thief and a coward, anxious to keep his own name prominent, while Bill Finger sat quietly and without credit just doing a great job, coming up with great ideas and writing great comics. If you are on Kane's side, you read much different comics than I did.

I went into reading Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman, a children's biography of Finger written by Marc Tyler Nobleman and illustrated by Ty Templeton knowing where I stood and expecting it to be a book I want to get to put on Conan's shelf for him to discover the truth, before he's even exposed to the lies, like the rest of us were.

But I was not prepared for a 48 page book, advertised for grades 3-5, to make me cry... twice.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics