Thursday, May 08, 2014

Kiss Konklusion


The time it took me to get through the Kiss Ikons project probably makes it seems like my enthusiasm for Kiss waned, which isn't exactly correct.

Actually I read Face the Music: A Life Exposed, the final of the original member autobiographies, by Paul Stanley. It's the only one of the autobiographies I'd call a really good book. The others have their moments certainly, but this one is generally compelling and inspiring. I don't always agree with him philosophically, although I liked that his was the most obviously positive.

He even - amazingly - convinced me that my Kiss dead position is not necessarily correct. Stanley's reasoning for their continuing with Tommy Thayer as the "Spaceman" and Eric Singer as the "Catman" held up for me.

I'm still wasn't terribly inspired by their most recent albums, but I'd consider revisiting them at some point, although still not enthusiastically.

I'd see their show now, which I had previously resolved not to do. Mind you, I've concluded expensive arena shows aren't for me, so that probably won't be an issue. I don't have anything against bands for putting them on or people who find them a worthwhile value for going. I just can't justify it myself.

I would go on the Kiss Kruise. I don't have the money for it, and if I had the time and money to run off on a vacation, I'd rather go back to Seattle and visit family and friends, but it looks like a good time and I wouldn't resist the urge because of the reasons I might have before, which is kind of big.



I'd also go to a Kiss Konvention, if they brought them back. Those always looked amazing The biggest thing is I generally feel good about the band again and wish them well. That's pretty cool.




1 comment:

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the Roamin' Cat said...

As you very well know, KISS stands KnightsInSatan'sService - precisely why the Warning is such a wake-up-call. What's that? The Warning is God's call to every living soul on earth to choose either the Trinity or Satan. Your choice, bro. Your demise. What we make of this finite existence is what becomes our infinite eternity from here on out starting NOW. You've been warned, as have I (you'll see what the Warning is soon; I'm just preparing you by this).

Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics