Friday, November 11, 2016

Fuck this shit


My rage-filled depression is morphing into depression-filled rage. I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of channeling these feelings into anything useful at all. Anything I can even tell myself is attempting to be useful...

For now, I'm still drawing a blank.

I'm mad as hell at the Democrats. How many times were we told how electable Hillary Clinton was? Her competency for the office was taken over so many other considerations. I'm not arguing against her competency. I'm arguing that someone with so many little concerns that could pop up for undecided voters should never have been the most electable option.

Yes, some of those little concerns were unfair. Some of the were petty. Some were sexist.

Others were pretty valid concerns, or would have been in any election that she wasn't running against a human butthole. The ties to Wall Street were a significant concern. Her perceived hawkishness was. I know I didn't vote for in the 2008 or 2012 primary because I don't like dynasties. I didn't like George W. Bush either. I'm betting I'd have voted against John Quincy Adams, too. As an American, it doesn't feel right to me.

And, yes, I feel the same about the whole Michelle Obama thing people keep ranting over.

But, man, does it say something lousy about the Democrats bench that we have to go there.

And I can already feel the moral decay of the Democratic party. Fucking jackoffs like Nicholas Kristof writing bullshit like Gritting Our Teeth and Giving President Trump a Chance. Fuck no! As Bobby Roberts replies, No, I Will Not Give Trump a Chance.

The Democrats and moderates are going to get their moral victories and be better people in "coming together" to ensure nothing stops the tidal wave that destroys real lives everywhere. That's how they play the game every fucking time.

Making ourselves feel special while we lose is not something we can really afford now.

I'm not going to stand with the people who are playing nice.

I Rebel by Kameron Hurley.

I'm not ok with this.

I tried leading up to the election, and occasionally failed, to be the guy who understands the people voting for the human tire fire. I read, and occasionally reposted, articles from smart and considerate people who tried to explain their mentality from the outside.

But here's the thing, I never see similar articles posted the other way. Where are those? I see plenty of the deplorable behavior that we're all supposed to take as a deviation from the norm of these salt-of-the-earth folks. Not in viral articles telling me about, but on the walls of people I once considered friends, in the comment threads of my like-minded friends, etc. Not just the notorious comment threads on news websites, but people who feel the right to speak to friends and friends of friends in the worst possible ways.

It really doesn't matter because at this point what percentages any of this represents. At this point, I believe we are at war.

This truly is not A time to heal.

Will that leave me brother against brother, perhaps less quietly than before? There's a sadly decent chance of that.

I have a son. I have a responsibility to show him what decent people do when faced with wrongs in this world.

I won't be breaking bread with the other side.

And I goddamn well won't be locking arms those who give them aid and comfort or kneel in surrender to their great might. The Democrats better remember that over the next two years, and the next four years. I'll be fucking well watching which of my supposed allies have the back of me and mine.

1 comment:

Steven Millan said...

2016 has indeed been a polarizing and truly troubled year with the ugliest and most dysfunctional election to have ever happened. It is going to take both a liberal version of the Tea Party and a liberal actor or a liberal reality TV/media celebrity(whether male or female) to really help revitalize the Democrats if they want to win in 2020.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics